The 1973 album continues in the same vein as Ball of Eyes, though it's definitely more funky and head boppin' than the debut. And the real ear grabber is the superb Moog soloing by Marc Moulin. Strangely, the album finishes in a completely different direction. The next to last track is more towards straight jazz and the closer has more in common with Electronik Musik, than anything one would associate with Placebo. I thought the sophomore effort surpassed the debut, and from what I could tell, many considered it their best. However, my vote goes to the 3rd and last album. To be continued...
CD: 2011 P-Vine (Japan)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AirSculpture ~ England
Impossible Geometries (1995) ---Apr 2005 First ten minutes are more in the ambient field, but they blast out with an incredible sequence, th...
-
As noted in the Happy New Year note, I have a new blog that carries most of my 45 / SP notes. Its focus will be on obscure 45s in genres I l...
-
Yokota was the flutist on the Love Live Life + 1 album (I always presumed he was the "+ 1" but I'm not sure of that). He was ...
-
For years, I used to joke that Providence were the Night Ranger* of Japanese prog. It was always meant to be a lighthearted stab, an in...

No comments:
Post a Comment