Saturday, September 1, 2012
Franck Dervieux – Dimension M. 1972 Canada-Quebec
Franck Dervieux's sole album is the root system for later bands such as Contraction and Ville Emard Blues Band. Keyboard heavy progressive rock, with a looser structure, making it highly appealing on repeated listens. A very important album for the region, and one of Quebec's finest. Sadly Dervieux passed away not long after this release.
Ownership: LP: 1972 Columbia. Features a wonderful textured gatefold cover, and comes with a full 4 page insert. I picked this up in 1994 via mail order from a store in Montreal.
9/3/09 (CDRWL); 9/1/12 (new entry); 7/23/19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steve Hillage ~ England
L (1976) I was late to the party on getting the scent regarding Fish Rising. But I was really late in obtaining L. I remember seeing this t...
-
As noted in the Happy New Year note, I have a new blog that carries most of my 45 / SP notes. Its focus will be on obscure 45s in genres I l...
-
Yokota was the flutist on the Love Live Life + 1 album (I always presumed he was the "+ 1" but I'm not sure of that). He was ...
-
For years, I used to joke that Providence were the Night Ranger* of Japanese prog. It was always meant to be a lighthearted stab, an in...



No comments:
Post a Comment