Holy Moly, these are the kind of unreleased recordings collectors live for. A full blown professional recording that was slated for release on Virgin (I mean Virgin? That's BIG time for a rural Swedish group). Reminded me of the day that the Norwegian post-Host group Deja-Vu was discovered in the mid 90s. Friendship Time play an English inspired brand of progressive rock, not necessarily the big 3, but a cousin of that: Flash. I always felt Flash were highly neglected, perhaps not meeting the lofty standards of the mothership band - nor the keyboard heavy approach. There's also a distinct Swedish rock sound found here, notably Trettioariga Kriget (especially at the time of the second album) and the laissez-faire melodicism of the first Lotus album. Beautiful digipak release with histories and photos. No brainer pick up for Euro progressive rock heads (like me).
CD: 2007 Mellotronen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steve Hillage ~ England
L (1976) I was late to the party on getting the scent regarding Fish Rising. But I was really late in obtaining L. I remember seeing this t...
-
As noted in the Happy New Year note, I have a new blog that carries most of my 45 / SP notes. Its focus will be on obscure 45s in genres I l...
-
Yokota was the flutist on the Love Live Life + 1 album (I always presumed he was the "+ 1" but I'm not sure of that). He was ...
-
For years, I used to joke that Providence were the Night Ranger* of Japanese prog. It was always meant to be a lighthearted stab, an in...

No comments:
Post a Comment