To alleviate any confusion from other reviews you may read, Side 1 is the
Czech vocal pop session, whereas Side 2 is the Blues rock portion in
English. Despite Side 2 having the better rep, arguably the first track
on the album is the clear winner (sounding more like Os Mundi's Latin
Mass). Just the fact that The Blue Effect were allowed to sing in
English is quite the extraordinary accomplishment for a band behind the
Iron Curtain in 1970. A fine album given the time and place, but far
different than the jazzier efforts to come, and one could easily make
the case this is Blue Effect/Modry Efekt's weakest album.
Personal collection
CD: 2009 Supraphon (as The Blue Effect 1969-1989 9 CD compilation)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AirSculpture ~ England
Impossible Geometries (1995) ---Apr 2005 First ten minutes are more in the ambient field, but they blast out with an incredible sequence, th...
-
As noted in the Happy New Year note, I have a new blog that carries most of my 45 / SP notes. Its focus will be on obscure 45s in genres I l...
-
Yokota was the flutist on the Love Live Life + 1 album (I always presumed he was the "+ 1" but I'm not sure of that). He was ...
-
For years, I used to joke that Providence were the Night Ranger* of Japanese prog. It was always meant to be a lighthearted stab, an in...


No comments:
Post a Comment