Madrugada - s/t. 1974 Italy


Madrugada - s/t. 1974 Polydor

CD reissue: 2006 BTF-AMS (mini-LP)

Packaging details: Yours truly did the "adaptation". Basically I translated the translation. On this one, it is credited to my friend Jim H, but it was me who did the work. I did my best, but it was very difficult material to work with, so not sure I'm too upset about not getting the credit. I did some others for BTF, and I did get the credit, so I can't hide completely. :-)

Notes: One of the last of the major label (Polydor) Italian acts not to be reissued on CD, BTF has finally ended that with both albums being released in beautiful mini-LPs (though the mastering on this debut isn’t exemplary). Madrugada’s first album is a mix of light instrumental and singer songwriter material (Side 1), with more expressive and elaborate progressive rock compositions (with some wonderful Moog runs) filling the remainder. Of course, it’s the latter that holds my interest, though to be fair the melodic songs are excellent for what they are. This is a quintessential Italian sounding album, so if you’re a fan, you’ll want it for sure. Otherwise, this obviously isn’t the place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of Life - Dust. 1995 Sweden

The Word of Life return with their sophomore, and ultimately last effort, Dust which is somewhat different from the predecessor. There'...