May Blitz - s/t. 1970 England


May Blitz were a prototypical hard rock / progressive band on Philips' Vertigo label. Long tracks, based in the blues, but with plenty of room given for psychedelic soloing is the order of the day. Their debut is considered one of the greats of the early 1970s UK hard rock era. Though I agree it is essential, I do think there are better works to be discovered from the time and place - for example, their second album.

Personal collection
CD: 1992 BGO w/The Second of May

My initial copy of this album was the US press on Paramount that was sold once I obtained the BGO CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stone Circus - s/t. 1969 USA-Canada

Here's another Mainstream label gem, and possibly my favorite album on the label. These Montreal based musicians (save one), decided t...